Save Money on Gas with These 5 Habits!
Save Money on Gas with these 5 Habits
Your driving habits and vehicle maintenance (or lack of maintenance) can impact your vehicle’s fuel efficiency. Here are a few tips for saving fuel and funds:
- Air up! Check the air pressure in your tires weekly and top them off if they’re low. It takes just a few minutes and can save you about $75 each year in gas.
- Slow up! The best gas mileage is usually achieved at speeds below 60 miles per hour. Slowing down just a little from 65 mph to 60 mph can save around 20 cents per gallon!
- Show up! (Late or not at all.) Sitting in traffic wastes gasoline. If possible arrange your work schedule to avoid commuting during rush hour or telecommute a couple of days each week.
- Smarten up! Let gas mileage be the #1 priority on your new car shopping list. The U.S. Department of Energy’s website has good information on fuel-efficient vehicles.
- Give up! Driving that is…Car pool, try a motorcycle, walk, bike, or take the bus. You may also get a discount on car insurance in addition to saving a lot of money on gas
Gas prices continue to rise, taking a bigger and bigger chunk out of every family’s budget. The good news is that making a few simple changes result in significant savings.
More articles from Valvoline Express Care @ Pleasanton
Change Your Oil Or Rely On The Experts?
With our technicians you dont ever need to change your oil or repair your car on your own. Our friendly and knowledgeable staff can fix almost any problem and perform regular maintenance, so why change you... More
Car Safety Supplies Checklist
Car Safety Supplies Checklist Any trip can encounter unexpected road trouble, from the occasional flat tire to the flat-out, scary, white-out, northern blizzard the difference between inconvenience and dan... More